Welcome to the WebRTC Documentation!
WebRTC is a free, open-source project that provides web browsers and mobile applications with real-time communication capabilities via simple APIs. It allows developers to build applications with features such as audio and video calling, peer-to-peer data sharing, and more.
If you’re new to WebRTC, this section will help you get started with the basics:
- Installation: Learn how to install WebRTC on your preferred development platform.
- Configuration: Understand how to configure WebRTC for your specific requirements.
- API Introduction: Get familiar with the different APIs provided by WebRTC and their functionalities.
Guides and Tutorials
In this section, you’ll find various guides and tutorials to help you implement specific features or solve common problems:
- Audio and Video Calling: Learn how to initiate and manage audio and video calls using WebRTC.
- Data Sharing: Explore how to share data directly between peers using WebRTC’s data channels.
- NAT Traversal: Understand how to handle network address translation (NAT) issues to ensure successful communication.
- Security: Discover best practices for securing your WebRTC applications and user data.
This section provides detailed documentation for each of WebRTC’s APIs, including their methods, events, and usage examples:
- MediaStream API: Learn how to interact with audio and video streams.
- RTCPeerConnection API: Understand how to establish and manage peer connections for real-time communication.
- RTCDataChannel API: Discover how to send and receive arbitrary data between peers.
- WebRTCStats API: Get information about the quality and performance of WebRTC sessions.
Community and Support
Join the WebRTC community to connect with other developers, seek help, and stay updated with the latest trends and developments:
- WebRTC Forums: Participate in discussions, ask questions, and share your knowledge with others.
- Stack Overflow: Find answers to common WebRTC questions or ask your own.
- WebRTC Blog: Stay updated with the latest WebRTC news, releases, and tutorials.
If you’re interested in contributing to the WebRTC project, this section will help you get started:
- Codebase: Find relevant repositories and check out the contribution guidelines.
- Bug Reports and Feature Requests: Learn how to submit bug reports or propose new features.
- Pull Requests: Understand the process of submitting pull requests for code changes.
Start exploring the WebRTC documentation and unleash the power of real-time communication in your applications!