Welcome to the documentation for Wave, a powerful audio editing framework for iOS and macOS. This framework provides developers with the tools and functionality needed to manipulate audio signals, perform various audio operations, and integrate audio features into their apps.
Wave can be easily installed and integrated into your Xcode project using CocoaPods. Simply add the following line to your project’s Podfile:
Then, run the command
pod install in your Terminal to install the framework and set up your Xcode workspace.
Once Wave is installed, you can import it into your Swift code by adding the following line:
Now you are ready to start using the Wave framework in your project.
1. Audio Manipulation
Wave provides a wide range of functions to manipulate audio signals, including:
- Load and save audio files in various formats (MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, etc.)
- Modify audio sample rate, bit depth, and duration
- Trim, split, and concatenate audio clips
- Apply fade in/out and adjust audio volume
- Normalize and equalize audio
- And much more!
2. Audio Analysis
Wave includes powerful tools for analyzing audio signals, such as:
- Extract audio features like pitch, loudness, and spectral content
- Perform Fourier analysis and apply frequency-domain transformations
3. Real-Time Processing
Wave supports real-time audio processing for tasks like live audio playback, recording, and streaming. It offers capabilities such as:
- Play audio in various formats with control over playback rate, loop, and timing
- Record and save audio from microphones or other external inputs
- Apply effects in real-time, such as reverb, delay, and distortion
Wave comes with a set of comprehensive examples that demonstrate different aspects of the framework’s capabilities. These examples cover topics such as:
- Loading and playing audio files
- Applying audio effects and filters
- Visualizing audio waveforms and spectrograms
- Recording and saving audio
- And more!
You can find these examples in the Wave repository on GitHub.
For detailed information on the classes, functions, and methods available in the Wave framework, refer to the official API Reference.
That’s it! You are now equipped with the essential knowledge to start using Wave in your projects. Enjoy exploring the possibilities of audio manipulation and analysis with this powerful framework.